How to migrate to Hymnals 2
How can I migrate from the original Hymnals App to the new Hymnals 2 App?
If you are currently a user of the original Hymnals App, migrating from the original Hymnals App to the new Hymnals 2 App is easy. Follow the steps below. (Annotations created in the original Hymnals App will not transfer to the new Hymnals 2 App.)
- Make sure you have an account on giamusic.com
If you you do not have an account, you can create one for free by visiting https://www.giamusic.com/store/register
- On the original Hymnals App, login to your account in the Account view.
- After you are logged in, on the Account view click on the blue “Back up now” button. Wait for the backup to complete.
- Once the original Hymnals App backup is complete, login to the new Hymnals 2 App.
- While logged in in the Hymnals 2 App, on the Account view, select the “Restore” link on the most recent backup. The date and time should match the date and time you backed up the original Hymnals App.
- Wait for the restore process to complete. Then navigate to the Library view to watch your purchased hymnals download. Let the hymnals completely download before closing the app.